Mail and Physical Address:
664 West Bayfront Highway, Erie, PA 16507-2318

Clubhouse phone number: (814) 454-9106 - this is not answered reliably! Need to get hold of someone immediately or an emergency? Email

By Water:
Set your way point after entering the Erie Channel to: N 42.07.782 W 080.06.165

Take a video tour
Take a photographic tour

Your kids will LOVE our club! We have a heated, in-ground pool, playground and there's lots of things to do within walking distance.

Vital Information

2014_CPYC_Visitor_Brochure - please read this when you arrive

SORRY - no reservations can be taken at any time by anyone.

Guest Dockage is $2.00 per foot per night (4/2017) -- check out time is 12:00 noon.

Transient slips are at the end of most of the docks. Transient Slips as on 7/22/13 (useful even after 2013) - there are generally more as members move around the club month to month.

Visitors that arrive with you and stay on board with you have full use of all the facilities including city water and electrical hookup for your boat, Pool, Picnic shelters including gas grills, clubhouse including showers, restrooms, laundry, public telephone and ice (for sale).

Gasoline for sale (No diesel but it's two marinas west of CPYC.)

What to do when you get here

Seek out a DOCK CAPTAIN when you arrive. S(he) will help you get settled - can't find a dock captain?  Most members know what to do, too.

  1. Dock Captains (2014) - find a dock captain to help you get situated
  2. Complete the Visitor's Docking Permit.  Answer all the questions, place the current rate per foot in the envelope (US currency only) and deposit it in the mail slot on the wall near the soda machine downstairs in the clubhouse. Where - inside the clubhouse just past the pool on the first floor.
  3. The second copy is for your boat.  Place it in a window so it can be seen from the dock.

The docking permit has two parts if you obtain one at the club. You can download one here: Visitor Docking Permit Download but we'd prefer you use the official form because it's two parts - one for your window and one for the mail slot.

The permit looks like this:

Traveling To/From Canada (verify this stuff first!  It's your responsibility)

Update June 2018 - we have been told a tablet will be installed at our club you can use to register when arriving.  Not sure if that has been done yet or not!

We do NOT have a video phone but two clubs west does (Perry’s Landing Marina) – I’d CALL US Customs in Erie to confirm the closest.  Dobbins Landing is also close but not as close as Perry’s Landing – you might need to approach them from the water, however – they have a gas dock there (with diesel)

The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) videophone inspection system makes boating across Lake Erie convenient and cost effective.  The INS videophone inspection system helps facilitate international border crossing for both aliens and US citizens. By law, all US residents and aliens must report to the INS when international borders are crossed.
A videophone transmits and receives both voice and video images over standard telephone lines and consists of a monitor, camera, and telephone.  Two videophones must be in use to place and receive video telephone calls.  The videophones are located at public marinas so boaters can report to the INS.  The videophones may be accessed 24 hours a day.
Each phone has two cameras:  one views the face of the traveler and the other reads the traveler´s papers and identification.  This allows the INS officer to examine proof of citizenship and compare photo identification to the face of the traveler.
The following five Erie County sites have videophone technology:
• Presque Isle Marina
• Dobbins Landing
• North East Marina
Perry´s Landing Marina
• Lampe Marina

If you are interested in visiting us from Canada or any other foreign port, we suggest you contact the U.S. Customs Office in Erie at (814) 833-1355 AND The US Immigration Office at (814) 833-8267 or (412) 472-0703 in order to find out any procedures you may have to follow for you to visit.

Helpful links:

As of September 15, 2009, some boaters visiting Canada must have "proof of compentency" (boater education). It's only for motorized boats. If you bring your own boat and stay for fewer than 45 days, you are exempt. If you rent or operate a motorized boat from Canada, you must comply. Visit Canada's Office of Boating Safety for more information.

As of June 1, 2009, all boaters who cross the U.S. border into Canada and touch Canadian soil must carry a passport or NEXUS card.

U.S. Citizens traveling to Canada by boat...

... must contact Canadian Customs at 1-888-226-7277 for instructions on where to report for a customs inspection. A U.S. passport or NEXUS are required for each passenger on board the boat. Birth certificates are sufficient for children under 16.

All private boats entering the U.S. that have passengers who were on Canadian soil...

...must report to U.S. Customs (The Erie, PA station is linked here).. This legal obligation may be met by telephone at 1-888-523-BOAT. You can call en route with a cellular phone or immediately upon arrival to the U.S. Have the following information ready when calling to avoid delays:

  • Boat registration number and length (and Customs decal if over 30 feet; see below)
  • Captain's name and date of birth
  • Total number of persons on board and value of all purchases in Canada
  • The name of the marina where you first arrived on the U.S. side

Boats 30 feet or more in length must purchase an annual decal ($25) from U.S. Customs and Border Protection prior to voyage to Canada.

This decal is only available online ( > Travel > Pleasure Boats > User Fee Decals >

More Information: