THIS IS AN ARCHIVE OF MINUTES OLDER THAN THE LAST PAGE YOU WERE JUST ON. IT IS NOT COMPLETE.

General Membership Meeting of July 10, 2009

Commodore Jerry Trost called the meeting to order at approx. 2005 hrs.

Vice Commodore Dana Anderson read the minutes of the June 12 Board and Bridge meeting. They were accepted by all. (Presly/McCarthy)

Vice Commodore Anderson read the minutes of the June 12 General Membership meeting. They were accepted by all. (Moore/Moore)

Treasurer Henry Bujalski presented the financial report for June. It was accepted by all. (Kowalski/Dylewski)

Rear Commodore Tim Ward reported that the annual boat inspection went well. He applauded the membership in their efforts. He reminded the membership that he, as the dockmaster, must be notified if anyone other than the member is using their boat or the facilities. He advised that this includes adult children who are not Junior members.

Vice Commodore Dana Anderson reported that the sale of flags and burgees to club members has resulted in earning $575.00, so far, towards the Keep Niagara Sailing fund raising campaign.

Quartermaster Maureen Bovee advised that she has new items for sale.
Aileen Kowalski thanked the Quartermaster for her donation to the Dock Party.

Clubhouse manager, P.C. Judie Monschein, reported that a new sweeper was purchased for the clubhouse. She reminded the membership that we do not rent out the clubhouse but that it can be used by the membership for a group of less than 18 people. She stated that she needs to be made aware of its usage ahead of time.

Safety Director, P.C. Dave Runser, advised the membership that we were behind in the purchase of required fire extinguishers and that he still has plans of painting the posts that they are mounted on red.

Butch Tyler reported for the membership committee and presented for membership, Robert Groenendaal, PO Box147 Girard, Pa. 16417 and John and Susan Timon, 2670 Spruce Dr., Lake City, Pa. 16423. They were unanimously accepted as members. (Moore/Runser). Tyler stated that the membership is now full to capacity at 180 members. With that, Butch and Barb wanted to thank everyone who has helped them in their recruiting efforts and resign their positions as chairpersons. He stated that Brian and Darcy Woodard would assume the role of chairs.

 

=======================================

 

Old Business:

Commodore Trost thanked everyone who contributed to the new dock party, particularly the Kowalskis and Konstantys.

Commodore Trost also thanked Jim Dylewski and Bob and Kathy McCarthy for their work on the Commodores Cup sailboat race, which was won by Randy McNaughton.

Commodore Trost also thanked all who worked on the new east picnic shelter with Eric Burger.

New Business:

Jean Konstanty advised that she will still take items for the Chinese auction at the family picnic.

Commodore Trost reminded the membership that club rosters are now available.

Aileen Kowalski reminded members to remove food from the west picnic shelter refridgerator prior to the family picnic.

P.C. Tony Sanfillippo reported that the family picnic may be the best one yet. He stated that live music and some nice new additions are planned.

P.C. Clair Monschein had concerns about guest cars parking at the club. He made a motion to get stickers for members cars but it was tabled for action by the bridge and board.

Commodore Trost gave an oral report on the board and bridge meeting that had just been held.

Dave Moore requested that a site glass be installed on the pumpout.

The 50-50 winner of $39.00 was won by Karen Seggi.

The meeting was adjourned at approx. 2035 hrs.

Respectfully submitted, Dana Anderson, Vice Commodore

 

Board and Bridge Meeting July 10, 2009

>Commodore Jerry Trost called the meeting to order at approx. 1900 hrs.

>Vice Commodore Dana Anderson read the minutes of the June Board and Bridge minutes. The minutes were amended to say that Mentor Yacht Club offers a second night of free reciprocal docking, after payment for the first.(P.C. Whiteford)
The minutes were further amended by Treasurer Bujalski to read that the CPYC loan be converted to a fixed mortgage rate of 6.14% for the next 5 years.
The amended minutes were approved.(Babo/Ward)

>The General Membership minutes of the June meeting were read by V.C. Anderson and approved. (Whiteford/Bujalski)

>Treasurer Henry Bujalski read his report, highlighting a fund balance of $135,483.56 and a debt of $973,000.00. This was approved by all. (Ward/Seggi)

>Commodore Trost advised that P.C. Judie Monschein reported that the water line to the new picnic shelter needs work as the water has a bad taste.
Also: That potential new members are lining up and that 3 are now on a waiting list.
That conversation with P.C. Terry Thorpe revealed that the knee wall must be 125 ft., no more, in accordance with our approved permit.
The Wing Ding is approaching as well as the Family Picnic.

>A discussion regarding the wearing of life jackets at the swimming pool was held.

>Commodore Trost advised that the rules committee is reviewing the new rules proposals and will be available in July for B.&B. review.

>Commodore Trost stated that he has volunteers to work the gate on Tuesday nights for the remaining 8 great Tuesdays.

>Rear Commodore Tim Ward reported that the boat inspection was in good shape. He also reported that the member’s dry docked boat should be repaired and ready for a Monday or Tuesday launch. R.C. Ward concluded by advising that a reported disturbance on N dock is being addressed with those involved and is under control.

>Vice Commodore Anderson reported that Flags and burgees for the Niagara Leagues fundraising campaign are still available and that CPYC has so far donated $575.00 towards this effort.

>Karen Seggi reported that a grant through the DEP for pumpout facilities is no longer available.

>Treasurer Henry Bujalski read a thank you card from John and Sheila Reynolds for help while broken down at CPYC. They also sent a check for $175.00.

>Commodore Trost adjourned the meeting at approx. 1955 hrs.

Respectfully submitted by Dana Anderson, Vice Commodore

 

General Membership Meeting of June 12, 2009

>Commodore Jerry Trost called the meeting to order at 2005 in the West Shelter. The minutes of the May 2009 Board and Bridge meeting and the General Membership meeting were read by Secretary Onderko and were accepted by all. (D.Moore, D.Runser)

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending May 2009 with a general fund balance of $109,451,31. He highlighted the largest expenses and updated the changes in membership. He advised the membership that due to the rising interest rates the final draw against the CPYC construction load will be made and the loan converted to a fixed rate mortgage. He will produce a recap of the dock project and will make it available for the membership. His report was accepted by all.(Whiteford, Galleur)

>Rear Commodore Ward announced that the boat inspections will start this Saturday at 8AM and should wrap up in the early afternoon. Please sign up at the table after the meeting. He reported that P/C Whiteford has firmed-up and will post the following names of clubs with which CPYC has a reciprocal docking agreement. Mentor Harbor has a 2 free night agreement and the following five clubs have a 1-free night agreement; Astabula YC, Buffalo Launch Club, Fairport Harbor Yacht Club, Kanasio YC, and Port Dover YC. After the agreement, the normal dockage rates apply.

>Vice Commodore Dana Anderson advised that the “red tickets” sold at CPYC to support the Niagara League raised $165.“Don’t Give up the Ship” flags and League memberships are now being sold for additional support.

> Rear Commodore Ward announced that new members docked along “B” dock must be bidding on the available slips posted in the monthly newsletter.

>Butch Tyler reported that one new member application has been submitted and there is a strong potential of another before the end of the month.

>P/C Runser reported that all fire extinguishers are mounted and the posts will be painted red.

>Commodore Jerry Trost thanked Nancy Franczkowski and P/C Dave Runser and their crew for a fine job at putting on the Memorial Day ceremony and party. He thanked P/C Bill Whiteford, Dave Moore, and the whole crew who worked hard to expand and to roof the West Shelter. He also thanked Craig Cook for the “night out” tickets given to each member participating in the “tap-a-keg” party tonight.

>Commodore Jerry Trost reminded the membership to forward any proposed rule changes to the Rules Committee so that they make make recommendations at the July Board and Bridge meeting.

> Jim Dylewski reminded the members of the Poker Run to be held on June 20 with registration at noon. The new dock party will follow at 6:30PM. He also pointed out that the sailing race, the Commodore’s Cup is scheduled for June 28. If there are any questions concerning these two events, please see him.

>Jean Konstany asked for member donations of items for the Chinese Auction. Please see her.

>The meeting was adjourned at 2030 with the “tap-a-keg” party to follow.
Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary.

 

Board and Bridge Meeting of June 12, 2009

>Commodore Jerry Trost called the meeting to order at 1900. The minutes of the May 2009 Board and Bridge meeting and the General Membership meeting were read and were accepted by all.

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending May 2009. It was accepted by all.(Tyler, Anderson) Due to the rising interest rates, the Treasurer recommended that the CPYC account be drawn down and converted to a fixed interest mortgage. The payments for this mortgage have been budgeted. It was approved by all (Bonnell, Bruno)

>The Board agreed to bill, with payment due by the end of June, the purchaser of the Rohleder boat a fixed fee of $100 for services and storage.

>Butch Tyler reported that one new member application has been submitted and there is a strong potential of another before the end of the month.

>Due to security reasons, and since the club has a box at the Post Office, it was agreed that there would be no external mailbox installed.

>It was reported that some of the hot tub controls and jets will need to be replaced. It seems that every year, the club is putting $500 into repairing it. Perhaps the minimum age needs to be increased with the next rule change.

>Commodore Trost reported that Carl Lupp volunteered to convert the grills to natural gas. The discussion with Walt Konstany concerning the bubblers is continuing. He also reported that several cigarette butt cans will be placed around the club.

>It was approved to place “mile posts” next to the boat on the rocks. It was agreed that there is no money in this year’s budget for additional fire extinguishers. Nor is there money for new grills in the West shelter. P/C Babo will install bolts in these grills to hold up the grates.

>P/C Whiteford reported that he has firmed-up and will post the following names of clubs with which CPYC has a reciprocal docking agreement. Mentor Harbor has a 2 free night agreement and the following five clubs have a 1-free night agreement; Astabula YC, Buffalo Launch Club, Fairport Harbor Yacht Club, Kanasio YC, and Port Dover YC. After the agreement, the normal dockage rates apply.

>Dock Master Tim Ward lead a discussion of “Dock Captains” who will assist the Dock Master in the execution of his duties. It was agreed to support the Dock Master in this proposal. He will advise.

>Vice Commodore Dana Anderson advised that the “red tickets” sold at CPYC to support the Niagara League raised $165.“Don’t Give up the Ship” flags and League memberships are now being sold for additional support. He also lead a discussion of possible incentives to encourage members to join the Bridge…more discussion to follow.

>Commodore Jerry Trost reminded the rules committee that recommended changes will need to be made to the Board and Bridge at their July meeting, advertised, then voted on by the membership at the August meeting.

>The meeting was adjourned at 2000, Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary.

Board and Bridge meeting of November 11,  2008

>Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 1900.

> The Minutes of the October Board and Bridge were accepted by all (Bruno,Anderson).

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending October 2008 along with a projection of the conclusion of the  Thorp budget.  It was accepted by all (Trost,Bonnell).  Also presented was a 3rd version draft of the proposed Trost budget for next year.  This budget will be voted upon at the December meeting.  The reinstatement of member Todd Little was discussed and agreed to.

>Discussed without immediate action, were the following:1) jack stands missing, the disorganization, and the storage of personal belongings in the Jack stand  storage area might lead to establishing new rules to manage this situation. 2) The possibility of charging for jet ski summer storage and use of the lift.

>Vice Commodore Trost requested that the CPYC membership cards be issued shortly after the dues are received on March 01, and that these cards have the expiration date of Feb 28 of the following year.   Also, he reported that the cleaning contractor was not doing such a great job.  It was agreed that if performance is not up to par, a new contractor should be found.  Finally, he suggested that Matt Whiteford be hired for the summer worker since he did such a good job as a substitute last summer.  It was agreed to by all.

>Rear Commodore Anderson reported on a draft specification for upright dock boards.  This specification included: a treated 2×6 board rounded at the top and affixed to one  (shimmed out ) at the side base of the dock.  This approach would maintain the policy of  “no drilling on the surface of the dock” .

>Commodore Terry Thorp read a note from Pat Shewan who thanked the club members for helping with her boat lift out and blocking.

>Meeting was adjourned at 2005 hours.

Respecfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

General Membership meeting of November 11,  2008

>Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 2010.

> The Minutes of the October General Membership  meeting were read by Secretary Onderko and  were accepted by all (Judy Thorp,P/C.Zalewski).

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending October 2008 with a bank balance of $89,333,72.  It was accepted by all (Jim Presley, JudyThorp).  With the reinstatement of member Todd Little, the transfer of Junior member Richard Babo II to full membership, and the potential acceptance of the new member being proposed, the CPYC charter is full.

>Commodore Terry Thorp  and the membership present welcomed Richard Babo II as a new full member.

>Barb Tyler, representing the membership committee,  presented the proposed new member, Charles and Donna  Huff .   They were accepted by all (Whiteford, S.Rohleder)

>Vice Commodore Trost thanked P/C Dick Babo for helping to procure the free floating dock from EYC.  This dock will be used for the jet skis, Kayaks, etc..   He also thanks all the workers for their efforts and accomplishments this past weekend.

>Rear Commodore Anderson urged the members to put their name and phone number on a visible place of  their winter boat.  Also,  he reminded all to not tie covers to jack stands as it will loosen and move the jack stand.   There can be no running of electric to the wintered boats unless you are here.  There are just nine more days to get your bids in for this round of open docks.

>Quarter master, Maureen Bovee announced that the CPYC store is open and that all should be thinking about making their Christmas purchases.

>Len Kowalski reported that the Halloween party was a success with about 65 people in attendance and nearly all in costume.

>Commodore Terry Thorp reminded the membership that the Charter party is this Saturday.

>Chris Rohleder reminded everyone of the Children’s Christmas Party scheduled for December 07.

>Pat Kilgallon asked for help on November 23 to decorate the club house.

>Commodore Terry Thorp updated the membership on items from the Board and Bridge meeting: 1) The budget for next year has been drafted and is before the Board and Bridge.  A vote will be taken next month. 2) A recommendation on the construction of upright dock boards is being considered.  3) A thank-you note from Pat Shewan was received stating her appreciation of the help received in lifting and blocking her boat.

>Commodore Terry Thorp stated that he was really impressed with the workers who have been laboring at the club  every weekend since Sept 01.   Much has been accomplished thanks to all of your efforts and your caring.

>Jerry Nowakowski said that some dredging work is planned for this weekend and Dave Moore will need help with the electric on Nov 22.

>Meeting was adjourned at 2040 hours.  Winner of the $36 in the 50/50 was Pete Smith.
Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

Board and Bridge meeting of October 14,  2008

>Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 1900.

> The Minutes of the September Board and Bridge were accepted by all(Whiteford,Seggi).

>It was approved to fund the next three social functions with the following advances:  $750 to Chris Rohleder for the Christmas party, $500 to Donna Kennedy for the Charter Party, and $500 to Len Kowalski for the Halloween party.

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report showing a general fund balance of $66,277.28  for month ending September 2008. It was accepted by all (Tyler,Babo)  He  reported that Ron and Pat Gourley have converted to social membership.  And, after some discussion, it was reported that the club can not afford to convert its loan to a fixed rate until the May 2009 time frame.

>Butch Tyler reported for the membership committee that if the 7 proposed new members for tonight are approved, then the two potential members being interviewed this coming week will fill the charter.  It was agreed by all to rescind (after these  two being interviewed) the pay half the initiation fee now and half later.(Bujalski,Tyler)

>Commodore Terry Thorp reported that the jet ski lift was jammed and P/C Dick Babo has fixed it.

>Board member Karen Seggi reported that she had been investigating grant money for an upgrade to the baot sanitary pump out station.  After some discussion concerning its possible relocation it was agreed to consider alternatives but that accepting grant money may not be desirable if the station has to be available to the public.

>Commodore Terry Thorp read a letter from Chris Rohleder requesting that the club dedicate some percentage of the Chinese Auction proceeds to a charity so that donations to the auction might be more easily obtained.  After some discussion, it was decided that the club would not “use” a charity for improved auction donations.  But that the club should solicit donations from vendors, and from the club’s business associates.

>After discussing the need for standard specifications for member additions to the new docks, R/C Dana Anderson and Doug Bonnell agreed to work together to propose specifications for inclusion in the club’s rules.

>P/C Babo reported that the red and green lights in the upper windows of the club house are a hazard to navigation since there is no direct path to them from the outer lights at the entrance.  It was agreed that they should be changed to neutral colored lights.

 

>Meeting was adjourned at 1950 hours.

 

 

Respecfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

General Membership meeting of October 14,  2008

>Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 2000.

> Secretary Onderko read the Minutes of the September General Membership meeting.  They were accepted by all (Novak,Bujalski).

>Butch Tyler, for the membership committee, reported that if the 7 proposed new members for tonight are approved, then the two potential members being interviewed this coming week will fill the charter.  Once the charter is full, potential new members will be added to a waiting list until an opening is created.  He presented the names of the seven proposed new members and moved for their acceptance.  They are: David & Lela Dennison of 3517 West Lake Rd Erie PA  16505;  Kevin & Natalie Kreidinger of 468 W28th St.  Erie PA  16508;  Peter & Melissa Rys of 9380 Heddrick Dr.  Waterford PA  16441;  Mike & Linda Show of 311 Strathmore Ave.  Erie, PA  16505;  Damian & Christine Kuzmin of 7683 Lakewood Dr  Fairview PA  16415;  James & LeeAnn Long of 826 Selinger Ave Erie PA  16505;  Victor & Judith King of 4710 Hilltop Rd.  Erie PA  16509.  They were accepted by all. (Tyler,Runser)

>It was reported that funding the next three social functions with the following advances was approved:  $750 to Chris Rohleder for the Christmas party, $500 to Donna Kennedy for the Charter Party, and $500 to Len Kowalski for the Halloween party.

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report showing a general fund balance of $66,277.28  for month ending September 2008. He reported that thanks to the new member initiation fees being collected, the club’s financial position is now on solid ground for the final phase of the dock renovation project.

>Commodore Terry Thorp reported that the jet ski lift was jammed and P/C Dick Babo has fixed it.  He also reported that all boats need to be out of the water by Oct 31.  On Nov 01, the dock utilities will be shut off.  He asked all to please schedule as early as possible for lift out.

>V/C Trost reported that he is working on preparing his budget and it will be ready to present next month.

>R/C Anderson reminded members:1) to make sure to display name, and phone number on your wintered boat;  2) to not tie  boat covers to the jack stands; 3) to chain the jack stands to each other; 4) to not use charcoal to absorb moisture in a wintered boat since it may self combust; and 4) to keep contact information updated with the club secretary.

>Maureen Bovee, reported that the club’s store is open for business during and after this meeting.

>Commodore Terry Thorp reported that 1) the outside ice machines will be setup for the winter in the next two weeks.  2) the option for new members to pay a split initiation fee will be suspended once the charter is full.  3) The lights in the club house loft will be changed from red and green to a neutral color so as to avoid being a navigational hazard.  4)Rumball will begin pounding posts for the new main docks this weekend  5)workers are need this week to move the concrete along the east of the clubhouse.  And 6) all members should note the rule which  states that cooking is only permitted in your boat’s galley and in the club’s shelters.

 

 

>Gene Brinig ask  members who run the white boat lift to be careful not to run the pulleys up so that they are tight.  Doing so will damage them and the cables.  He also asked that a grease gun be left in the backhoe cab so that drivers can keep up with the maintenance.

>Chuck Karotka complained about the letter from the Board and Bridge concerning his  supposed “abuse of privilege” by staying in dry dock until June 20th.   He stated that he had to wait for service to repair his boat.   It was explained, however, that the point was; the boat should be inspected early enough in the spring as to have enough time for needed repairs before the last launch date of the Sunday before Memorial Day.

>P/C Clair Monschein stated that sometimes a boat has to come out of the water in a hurry and be dry docked for repairs when there is no time to wait for a Board and Bridge meeting.  Commodore Thorp advised that  the  request  should still be submitted in writing to any Board and Bridge member.

>Commodore Terry Thorp reiterated that members should inspect their boats and  start work on them early enough in the spring to make sure they are in the water by the Sunday before Memorial Day.   Keeping or putting your boat in dry dock can be accommodated for the fee set in the club rules.  The privilege is when a member asks for the fee to be waived for a short period.

>Dave Moore asked if the rollers on the new docks will be tighter than the ones already installed?  P/C Babo replied that they will be.

>It was suggested by Carl Gentile that in addition to powerboats, sailboats under 30 feet could be stored on the East side of the club if forced to drop their masts for the winter.  This idea should be submitted to the rules committee.

>Commodore Terry Thorp distributed the unclaimed rosters to anyone needing another copy.

>Doug Bonnell reported that the club is done purchasing gasoline for this season.

 

>Meeting was adjourned at 2040  hours.  Winner of the $40 in the 50/50 was:

 

 

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko

 

 

Board and Bridge meeting of September 9, 2008
————————-

>Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 1900.

> The Minutes of the August 19 Board and Bridge were accepted by all(Bonnell,Whiteford).It was agreed that the minutes should note the overall length approved for W. Muck’s boat is 45’5”.

>Treasurer Bujalski read the financial report for August 2008. It was accepted by all (Trost, Bonnell)

>Butch Tyler reported for the membership committee that in addition to the 6 proposed new members to be be voted upon tonight, there is a very high probability of 5 to 7 proposed new members for next month.

>Commodore Terry Thorp highlighted that if the membership committee is exceptionally successful in recruiting new members, the club might be short a dock or two in the near term. It was agree that the potential exists to open up other docks on a One Season Only basis.

>Commodore Terry Thorp reported that the Commodore’s Cup sail boat race was very successful with all 17 signed up boats racing and about 118 people paid to enjoy the party that followed.

>Commodore Terry Thorp reported that 27 workers showed up to work in nasty weather on Saturday to remove A-Dock south and do other tasks. He much appreciated their efforts and contributions. He also reported that the proposal for a bike rack, for a kayak rack and for a ramp into the water will have to be tabled pending next years budget. He said that he is meeting with the insurance people to renew the club’s policy this month.

>An advance of $600 was approved for the “End of Season” party. (Bonnell, Bruno)

>P/C Babo reported that the wire for the final phase has been ordered.

>On P/C Whiteford’s suggestion, Commodore Thorp will offer to reimburse Doug Murphy the $100 he spent on the wind sock for the club.

>Commodore Terry Thorp reported that the new parking signs are in hand. He reported that only $200 was spent on the new powerwasher. He also said that the garbage pick up has been reduced to once a week. And he announced that the post pounder is now gone and the club is ahead $550.

>Meeting was adjourned at 1940 hours.
Respecfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

 

General Membership meeting of September 09, 2008

———————————————-
>Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 1945.

> Secretary Onderko read the minutes of the General Membership meeting of August 19. They were accepted by all (J.Thorp, ButchTyler)

>Commodore Terry Thorp updated the membership on what was covered in the preceding Board and Bridge meeting. He reported that the last month’s social events have been a success financially, but more importantly they have been a success in terms of the number of members attending and enjoying each of the events. He thanked all who organized and all who worked to make each of the events this year such a success.

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending August 2008. The report showed that the club was up near 100% over what was budgeted for guest dockage. He talked about various conditions that could affect when we convert our bank draw account into a conventional mortgage now that the end of the renovation project is within sight.

>Commodore Terry Thorp presented the much coveted “Commodore’s Cup” to the winner of the race held last weekend. The sailing champion of the club this year is Vice Comomodore Jerry Trost.

>Rear Commodore Dana Anderson asked that members interested in bidding on a dock in the final phase should bid on all the docks that might possible want in order of preference. Also, boats in A-south should anticipate moving out this week in preparation for the renovation.

>Bill Bovee announced that the ship’s store is open for business during and after the meeting.

>Commodore Terry Thorp reported that some member suggested projects such as the bike rack, the kayak rack, the ramp into the water, etc will have to be postponed pending a budget approved for the coming year. He updated the membership on the following items: 1) Thanks for all the help from the 27 folks who showed up Saturday to work. Much was accomplished including the removal of A-North finger piers. 2) The wood from the A & B dock piers is not available to members nor will it be discarded until projects along the mast tender, the jet ski dock, the gas dock, and the lift-in well are completed. 3) The slats for the fence are in and available for installation by the work party this Saturday. 4) Dick Babo and Butch Tyler will be diving this Thursday to cut the A-north posts. 5) The summer help is gone and its totally up to us the members to keep the grounds picked up. 6) Officer Stuart of the PA Fish Commission took pictures of the new CPYC fish cleaning station, and remarked what excellent facility it is being built by volunteers. We should anticipate his return to check and to inspect at random intervals throughout the year. 7) Safety Kleen is now picking up the Club’s used oil, so please let the board know when it is near full and requires emptying. 8) Stay tuned for more information in the next newsletter advertising the Oct 25th Halloween party.

>Chris Rohleder reminded everyone of the up coming “End of the Season” party. Also, she is heading up the cleaning and winterization of the West picnic shelter on Oct 11, and is need of volunteers to help.

>Doug Bonnell announced that the price of gas at the CPYC pump is $3.64 per gallon.

>Butch Tyler of the membership committee announced the 6 potential new members: Harry & Karen Caldwell of 5253 Wolf Run Village, Erie, PA 16505; Keith & Darlene Julio of 19658 S. Mosiertown Rd Saegertown, PA 16433; Kevin Malencia of 1340 W 9th ST Erie PA 16502; Peter & Lynn Smith of 119 Strayer Dr Carlisle Pa 17013(winter) and 3188 Chautauqau Ave Ashville NY 14710 (summer); Scott Steffrey of 1454 RT 66 & 948 DeYoung Pa 16728; and Randy Torok of 3805 West Lake Rd Erie, PA 16505. All were accepted. ((ButchTyler, R.Craig)
>Meeting adjourned at 2030 hours. (J.Thorp, R. Craig)
>Winner of the $38 in the 50/50 was Bev Johnson.

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

 

Board and Bridge meeting of August 19, 2008
————————

>Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 1900.

> Commodore Thorp asked if there were any changes to the minutes of the July 08 Board and Bridge meeting as they were published on-line. The Minutes were accepted (Whiteford,Tyler).

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending July 2008. The report showed a funds balance of $62,800.12. He reviewed disbursements and performance to date against the budget. The report was accepted by all (Tyler, Whiteford).

>Member Sean Bliley addressed the meeting to cover two proposals and some research on pricing that he had completed. Based on his research his first proposal was to spend $379 for a single sided 9 bike rack from John Adams. The second proposal was to use old dock materials and about $100 to construct 3 to 4 racks for kayaks. Sean had volunteered to head up both projects. Although the board was generally in favor of these proposals, neither was approved at this time due to budgetary constraint and a focus on completing the dock project. There was a suggestion that instead of giving up a little parking and boat storage space for the kayak racks that perhaps the rack for sail masts could be modified to store kayaks during the season when it is not storing masts.

> Commodore Thorp reported that both ice machines are working. However, the one in the West shelter will need a minimal investment for a new water pump next year; and the one in the East shelter is not worth repairing once it breaks again. He also reported that the regular summer help has gone back to school. There is temporary help until Sept 01 when this help will also be gone.

>Rear Commodore Dana Anderson reported that there is dock space to relocate the boats currently on dock “A-North” so the deconstruction of those slips (in preparation for the final phase of the new dock project) can begin September 06. The September news letter should advise those with boats on “A-South” and “B” docks where the deconstruction is expected to continue later in the month should be prepared to come out of the water or relocate to another slip. Lift out will begin early this year (on Sept 06), so those willing to come out can be accommodated.

>Rear Commodore Dana Anderson reported that the slips on the final phase of the new dock project will be up for bid in this September’s news letter, and awarded on September 25th.

> Commodore Thorp said that there were two volunteers that could serve the remaining months of Dick Shewan’s term on the Board. All approved P/C Dick Babo to this position.(Whiteford,Bujalski)

> Commodore Thorp reported that the fish cleaning station should be completed within days. Dick Babo should be turning on the water tonight and the electric is close to being finished. The PA Fish Commission is anxious to inspect it.

>The following was approved by all: To spend about $320 for a new power washer that would support lift out. To advance $600 to P/C Mike Z. for the Turkey-Fry party and $400 to Commodore Thorp for the Fish-Fry.

>Based on a petition of a member, it was approved to allow any member winning a bid on the new docks in the final phase, to add at their expense, a center post that would be in line with the 4-point-tie post. It is estimated that the cost should be around $1000. The Board should be advised of the members’ intentions before construction is started on these docks.

> Commodore Thorp reminded all members that when getting gas, they should actually have another member sign…forged signatures are not acceptable.

>It was approved to permit Willie Muck a length extension to dock his new boat.(Whiteford,Bruno)

> Commodore Thorp asked for a volunteer to head up the bubbler task for the final phase of new docks. He also said that he will be meeting with the insurance people this Friday. Interested board members are welcome to attend.

>The dock master’s “discretion” concerning some minor modifications to the new docks was discussed.

>Meeting was adjourned at 2020.

Respecfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

 

General Membership meeting of August 19, 2008
———————————————–

>Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 2030.

> Secretary Onderko read the minutes of the General Membership meeting of July 08. They were accepted(Babo,E.Muck)

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending July 2008. The report showed a funds balance of $62,800.12. He reviewed disbursements and said that performance to date is in line with the budget. It was accepted by all (E.Muck,P.Novak). He asked all members to turn off the boat AC if they are not here during the week. Also, he reminded everyone that new members who pay the whole initiation fee up front will get free boat storage this winter.

>Vice Commodore Trost announce the “Commodore’s Cup Sailboat Race” scheduled for 11AM on September 07. Please sign up by Aug. 31. $5 and a dish to share is the entry fee for the dinner to follow. See the flyer.

>Rear Commodore Anderson reported that the last phase of new docks will be up for bid this coming month and will be awarded on Sept 25. Also up for bid this month will be 7 sailboat jack stands.

> Rear Commodore Anderson reviewed CPYC rule #9 concerning the use of boats by someone other than the member. He emphasized that it is important that he hears from you about anyone that will be using your boat without your presence. These measures are necessary to help protect the club’s assets as well as the boater’s. He also thanked the people working the “gate patrol” on the concert nights. They have been very effective in stopping non-members parking within the gates.

>Member Brian Lechtner discussed the recent break ins at Bar Harbor and though this case probably did not involve break ins to CPYC, if you have any damage or theft, please report it to the Erie Police.

>In calling for the vote on the CPYC rules, Commodore Thorp explained the ballot and how the vote would be taken. First, the vote to change the hot tub minimum age from 11 to 15. Second, the vote is for or against the new “significant other rule “. If voting for the rule, then you must indicate whether you are in favor of the version recommended by the rules committee or the version recommended by the Board and Bridge. The third vote was for or against the rest of the rules as stated in the mailing last month to the membership. Paper ballots containing the three votes were distributed, then collected and later counted by volunteers.
The results of the votes were: 65 in favor of the hot rule, 19 against. 38 in favor of the “significant other” rule 43 against. And 70 in favor of the rest of the rules and 13 against. It was approved to destroy the ballots. (Babo, J Thorp)

> Commodore Thorp summarized the Board and Bridge meeting and reported on the following: 1) Work parties will resume on Sept 06. Please see him to volunteer to head up any of the 25 tasks/ projects currently on the list. 2)The Fish Fry is on for this Saturday, we are looking to break the participation and attendance records. 3)Thanks to Chris Rohleder and Tony Sanfilippo for their efforts in running the Chinese Auction and Family Picnic. Not only was a good time enjoyed by all but a profit of $1800 was realized. 4) Thanks to Bob Leszek for running a successful Chicken Wing-Ding party. 5) Reminded all that the club is short about $44,000 to complete the final Phase of new docks. This money was expected to be realized through the recruitment of new members. 6) We are looking for clean fill to start building the rubble Knee wall at the basin entrance and along “C” wall. 7) Mike Kennedy will look at, and try to repair the clothes dryer. 8) The old power washers are toast and we will be purchasing a new one. Jim Dylewski volunteered to pick it up. 9)The Board and Bridge approved the installation of a center post in line with the four-point-tie post if the member wants to pay for it in the final phase of new docks. 10)Since there is no money this year, whatever else there is to do with the new East shelter will be left to next year. The next two years will be tight financially more or less depending on the success in recruiting new members.

>Butch Tyler of the membership committee said that the $44,000 needed for the final phase of docks roughly equates to 12 new members needed. All present members need to be “selling” the club. He read the names of the people proposed for membership today: Grant Twiss of 4256 Neptune Dr. Erie 16506; Edwin & Kristin Farland of 181 College Ave, Beaver, PA 15009; and Robert & Leslie Ahrens of 2923 Old Watttsburg Rd, Waterford, 16441. They were all accepted as members. (Tyler,Babo)

>Jim Dylewski is distributing the new blue gate cards. If needed, make sure you get one tonight.

>Dave Heubel suggested that the new main dock be named “S” dock in remembrance of member Dick Shewan who recently passed away. Commodore Thorp took it under advisement.

>Karla Anderson thanked Karen Whiteford for a great job of landscaping around the club and grounds. Also thanked were Hank Bujalski and Tom Eddy for their landscaping efforts. She was joined in the thanks by the applause of the rest of the membership.

>Quarter Master Maureen Bovee advised that the store is open. Special order items that are embroidered can be ordered individually but items that are silk-screened must have a minimum order quantity.

>Meeting was adjourned at 2145. Winner of the $60 in the 50/50 was John Onderko

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

****

General Membership meeting of May 13, 2008

>Commodore Thorp called the meeting to order at 2010.

>Secretary Onderko read the minutes of the April General Membership meeting.  The minutes were accepted. (P/C Babo,R.Voshall)

> Commodore Thorp updated the membership on the following items:  1) the permits are in hand for the East shelter.   P/C Whiteford will start construction of the shelter this week and is welcoming all the help he can get.  2) The construction of the fish cleaning station  will begin after the shelter is completed.  3) The new computer with internet connection is installed in the office.  4) The sanitary lift station repairs have been completed and should be good for the next 30 years.  5) Needed steel pipe will be purchased before the anticipated June 1 price increase.  6) A new crane problem was encountered last weekend but has been addressed.  7) A new card entry system has been ordered for the man gate.  8) The Army Corps of Engineers have denied our request to construct a vertical steel wall instead of the stone and rubble knee wall break at the basin entrance.   9) The depositing of rock along “C” wall has been postponed until later as has been the ordering of the finger piers for the final phase of the upgrade project.  The mains for the final phase will be procured on schedule.   The rollers from dock supplier, Merco, have been received.   10) New outside security lights have been received and installation will occur shortly.  11)  The new gas dock rules / procedures that were published for everyone are being necessitated by the high prices for gasoline.  Compliance is mandatory if the gas dock is to remain open to benefit our membership.  12) No vehicles are to be parked inside the gate during the Boat lift weekends.  A new sign will be installed and violators will be fined.   Brief loading and unloading from the vehicle inside the gate is permitted.  13) Newly donated ice machines will be installed, one each in the east and west shelters.

>P/C Runser reported that the Memorial Day ceremony is scheduled to start at 1PM.  He also asked for help on Sunday with preparations, help on Monday with serving and then for help with cleanup on Monday late afternoon

> Three proposed new members, Paul Mayr of 2961 W 11th Street Erie PA 16505;  Kevin & Heather Russell of 4126 Trask Avenue Erie PA  16508;  and Michael Girosky  PO Box 122 Reynoldsville PA  15851)   were accepted on a motion by Butch Tyler, P/C Babo.

> Dock Master, Dana Anderson reported that larger docks will be leased out on a one-season-only (OSO) basis.  There will be two docks each on the ends of “A” and “B” docks and one on “D” south.

>Dock Master, Dana Anderson reported that boat inspection day is scheduled for Saturday June 14.  All boats must be inspected by June 15.

>Member Dick Shewan reported work is available for all so please come down on Saturday morning at 7:45AM.  Also, if you can work during the week, check the list on the counter and /or contact Dick for work.

> Dock Master, Dana Anderson reminded all members that refueling of boats and jet skis can only be done at the gas dock.

>Commodore Thorp reminded everyone that boats should be in the water at least by the Sunday before Memorial Day.   Fines ($10) may be levied for blocking, stands, and trailers left on the property.

>Commodore Thorp asked all members to use but not abuse the new black dock carts.   Please leave them clean for the next person.

> Commodore Thorp asked for a recommendation of a student who could work around the club for the summer.

> Commodore Thorp advised all members that since communications has been improved to all members, especially the out of town members, there is no need to have Friday evening meetings during the summer.  The General Membership meeting will continue to be held after the Board and Bridge meetings on the second Tuesday of the month.

>Special thanks was given to P/C Babo for his work in finishing the plumbing of the water for “N” dock; and thanks to the Anderson’s and the Ward’s for the very enjoyable “Welcome to the Season” party.

>Member Jim Dylewski reported that the Mast stepper project will resume after June 01.  Help is needed.  He also reported that a current copy of the club rules and bylaws are available for reference in the club’s library.

> Commodore Thorp reported that since there will be no club spraying for spiders, all members are encouraged to perform their own spraying.  Member Dave Heubel reported that “Bounce” does a good job of discouraging spiders inside the boat.

>The pool and hot tub will be open for Memorial Day.   New furniture for the area is being addressed.

>The meeting was adjourned at 2100. (P/C Babo, Tyler)

Respectively submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

Board and Bridge meeting of May 13, 2008

>Commodore Thorp called the meeting to order at 1900.

>Secretary Onderko distributed the minutes of the April Board and Bridge while Commodore Thorp summarized the highlights of that meeting.  The minutes were accepted.

> Commodore Thorp announced that the permits are in hand for the East shelter.  P/C Whiteford presented new costs estimates totaling around $7,000 for the shelter.  It was approved to proceed with the project (Bonnell,Seggi).  The construction of the fish cleaning station  will begin after the shelter is completed.

> Commodore Thorp reported that the new office computer with internet connection has been installed.  He also reported that the sanitary lift station work has been completed.  The costs were less than anticipated and the repair should last for the next 30 years.  The purchase of a backup pump was not pursued since there presently are two pumps that share the load. And, pump impellers can be purchased, the actual motor can be rebuilt, or a new pump can be purchased with an approximate  1 week lead time.

>P/C Whiteford will start regular dumpster pickup.

>Commodore Thorp reported that the card lock system has been purchased for the man gate.  He also reported that the crane’s clutch got stuck and caused the boom to swing around.  This latest problem with the crane is being addressed.

>The status of the club’s post pounder was discussed.  It could be sold as is but not for the value it has as scrap.

>It was approved to buy the steel that is needed for approximately $10,000 before the price increase on June 01.(Whiteford,Seggi)

> Commodore Thorp reported that the Army Corps of Engineers will not permit a change from the rubble and rock knee wall to a vertical steel plate wall at the basin entrance.

> The Board confirmed that current rules will be in force for  50% refund on the re-lease of member’s docks for “One season Only (OSO); as well as for the prohibition of dock swapping between members.

>It was approved to lease out on a one-season-only (OSO) basis two docks each on the ends of “A” and “B” docks and one on “D” south that would be able to accommodate  larger boats:  (Whiteford,Bonnell)

> Commodore Thorp reported that the outside security lights have been received and installation will be scheduled.  He also reported that two ice machines have been donated and will be installed, one each, in the east and in the west picnic shelters.

>Commodore Thorp distributed the new Gas Dock rules / operating procedures that were previously approved by the Board and Bridge.  Also distributed to the Board and Bridge for consideration and vote at the next meeting was the Rules Committee recommendation on “significant others”.

>Vice Commodore Trost reported that boat inspection day is scheduled for Saturday June 14.  All boats must be inspected by June 15.

>Member Dick Shewan reported working on the fence that will surround the new area for storage of jackstands.

>Commodore Thorp reminded everyone that boats should be in the water at least by the Sunday before Memorial Day.   Fines may be levied for blocking, stands, and trailers left on the property.

>It was approved to create a new “NO PARKING INSIDE DURING BOAT LIFTING” sign for the main gate, and to assess a $25 fine for vehicles parked or left inside (only temporary parking for off-loading is permitted). (Whiteford, Tyler)

>The meeting was adjourned at 2000. Respectively submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

 

General Membership meeting of April 08, 2008
Board and Bridge minutes follow

Visit a page with the ILYA notes from Christine and Steven Rohleder 

Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 2010.

>Secretary Onderko read the minutes of the General Membership meeting of March 18, 2008.  The minutes were accepted.

> Commodore Thorp announced that P/C Steve Rohleder represented CPYC at the recent ILYA meeting.  He thanked P/C Rohleder for the excellent report of the meeting and asked him to recap the meeting for the members present.  One of the highlights reported was the strict environmental regulations now being enforced for boaters in the state of Ohio.

>Jim Dylewski asked all members to submit to the rules committee any proposals for change that they may have.  The rules committee will be asking some members to appear before the committee meeting on Thurs April 17 to present their proposals.

> Commodore Thorp requested that the rules committee look into any changes that may be necessitated by the ADA handicap regulations.

> Commodore Thorp gave the members present  the following update from the immediately preceding Board and Bridge meeting:  1)Plans for the new East Shelter have been submitted for permits.  2)Merco, the floating dock supplier, is shipping roller assemblies at no charge for  the new east finger piers.  3)The crew has been working to fix the east pier and the fence contractor is surveying the job and ordering materials.  4)the sanitary lift station repair project is being worked.  5)A new computer has been ordered for the office.  6)New push carts for the East side have been approved and are being ordered.  7)The crane is being worked on and is targeted to be completed in two weeks.  Thanks to P/C Babo.

>Treasurer Bujalski presented a summary of the March 2008 financial report.  He also reported that the meeting to review the floating dock capital project was held but that the results and the forecast of the project has not yet been finalized and will be reported at the next meeting.

> Vice Commodore Trost announced that spring lift-in of boats begins April 15.  Please schedule with the lift master, Mark Golden, or with the morning crew, some of which are P/C Fenn, Bill Moski, Dave Galleur.

>Dick Shewan reported that the work crews are getting a lot done, and encourages all to continue to come to the club on Saturday mornings to join the work parties.

>Jerry Sinnott reported that the electricity on  “N” dock  is about 2/3 completed.

> Commodore Thorp said that the request for members to take home their jack stands has been misunderstood.  The club does need the room because of the increased membership but will continue to provide jack stand storage for members who just cannot take the stands home.  The stand storage area will be moved and enclosed.

>P/C Babo said that the parts for the water system on the new docks have been laid out and readied for installation.  Help is needed for the installation this weekend.

>Tim Ward announced that the “Welcome the Season” party will be held 7pm to 11PM on Saturday April 26 in the club house.  A nominal fee of $5 will be charged.  All members are invited.

>P/C Runser said that the Memorial Day events are in the planning process and help is needed…please contact  him or Nancy Franczkowski.

>Jim Dylewski reported that the mast stepper project will be resumed this year in June after everyone is in the water with their masts up.

>Karen Seggi  reported that the CPYC bowling league has completed it season with the awards banquet held this past week at the club.  The league is in need of a new team and invites new members (and their friends) to join for the next season.

>Butch Tyler reported a potential of 3 new candidates for membership in May.  He asked everyone to continue to “talk-up” the club to encourage others to join our club.

>P/C Whiteford announced that he was coordinating the reciprocal agreement again this year.  He advised everyone that our club reciprocates dockage with all ILYA clubs on the lake for a fee.  There are only a few clubs that we exchange limited free dockage.  He will post the list of free reciprocating dockage arrangements.

>P/C Runser said that Father Levis is inviting the membership to his 60th ordination party to be held at the club.

>P/C Clair Monschein asked what would happen if one of our members was handicapped.  Commodore Thorp replied that the rules committee is investigating the ADA regulations and the impact for the club.  The Commodore also reported that the insurance company still will not issue a written statement addressing the club’s coverage of events that have alcohol.

> Commodore Thorp welcomed Nathan Onderko as a new regular boating member having just converted his junior membership.

> Commodore Thorp thanked the McCarthy’s for hosting the Tap-a-Keg party.

> Commodore Thorp reported that he submitted sketches to the Army Corps of Engineers for a steel walled knee wall instead of a rubble wall.  The Buffalo office of the Corps declined the proposal but agreed to forward it the Virginia office for a final opinion.

>Vice Commodore Trost announced that the boat inspections must be completed by June 15th according to the club’s rules but if the inspection day can not be scheduled  to accommodate, everyone will be allowed ample time before fines are issued.
>The meeting was adjourned at 2100.  (Whiteford, Judie Monschein)

Respectively submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

Board and Bridge meeting of April 08, 2008

>Commodore Thorp call the meeting to order at 1900.

>Secretary Onderko asked if there were any changes to the Minutes of the March 18 General Membership meeting as they were published on-line.  There were none and the Minutes were accepted by all(Trost,Shewan).

>Doug Bonnell asked why we are charging for the Memorial Day ceremony.   Commodore Thorp responded that the nominal charge is for the food not the ceremony; and that with the large amount of debt the club is servicing, a more business approach needs to be taken for club social events.  Secretary Onderko suggested that a “social event fee” be added to the annual dues so that the membership is not “nickel & dimed” for each event.  After some discussion, the motion (Bonnell,Onderko) was approved by all to not set a fixed charge for the Memorial Day ceremony but to set out a box for a requested donation.

>Treasurer Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending March 2008.  The report showed a funds balance of $138,011.82.  He expressed concern over meeting the budget requirement of filling some of the open membership as well as some of the open docks to meet this year’s objectives.  The report was accepted by all (Trost,Bonnell).

>Treasurer Bujalski reported that the capital project finances were reviewed at a special meeting held last week.  He  noted that last May (2007) he reported that the project was $80k under budget.  This current review showed a need for $330k to complete the project but only $230k in available project funds.   This difference in funds  is partially due to the difference in forecasted total project costs versus the amount of funds borrowed.   An on-going need for additional new members and a need to lease most of the currently available dock space was emphasized.  He will have more to report on this subject as additional planning is completed in the near future.

>It was reported the floating dock supplier, Merco, is preparing to send to CPYC roller assemblies for the ends of the finger piers on “D” and “E” docks.  This should be at no charge to the club but the estimated cost of driving the posts is estimated at $19k.  This item will continue to be pursued and funding established.

>It was approved to advance $800 to P/C Dave Runser to fund the Memorial Day ceremony and membership gathering.

> Commodore Thorp reported the following items:  1) P/C Steve Rohleder represented CPYC at the recent ILYA meeting.  He submitted an excellent report on the event.  Secretary Onderko was asked to obtain an electronic copy, send it out to the membership, and post a paper copy on the  club bulletin board.  2)The rules committee asked for a clarification of which boat-lifts are included in the dock fee.  It was agreed that the lift-in prior to boating season and the subsequent lift-out were included in the fee.  3)The Dock Master was asked to investigate and to document for the membership, the acceptable method(s) for members to affix uprights and dock-boxes to the new floating docks (he should also check with Andy Komoroski).  4)The drawing for the new East shelter was completed and the paper work submitted for construction permits.  The project is pending the finalization of the financial and capital project review.  5)The fence contractor will be here in the next few days to scope out the task so material can be ordered.  6)The new office computer has been ordered and should be in within two weeks.  6)P/C Runser was asked to call to empty the dumpster but the regularly scheduled emptying should not be started yet.  7)P/C Babo and Cornelius will be working on the repair of the crane.  They estimate the work should be completed in two weeks.  8)He reported that Vice Commodore Trost now has the tops for installation on the new main gate.

>Butch Tyler reported that the membership committee has a potential of recommending 3 new candidates for membership this month.

>Treasurer Bujalski reported that, following queries by P/C Zalewski, Erie Shipbuilding is reviewing its invoice for potential overcharging.

>P/C Whiteford will again co-ordinate and document for the membership CPYC’s reciprocal agreements with other yachting clubs around the lake.

>Dick  Shewan reported that east fence from the liftwell to the north pier can be repaired by club workers for a cost of about $3k and that someone has volunteered a project leader.  This alternative will be considered in the final phase capital project planning now underway.

>Doug Bonnell reported that he has discussed the annual boat inspection day with Mike Kennedy and that a date will be firmed up soon.

>Secretary Onderko read a letter from his son and junior member, Nathan Onderko, in which Nathan requested the conversion of his membership into a regular boating membership.  The membership conversion was accepted by all.

>The meeting was adjourned at 2005. (Onderko,Seggi)

Respectively submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

Board and Bridge Meeting
March 11, 2008

Commodore Thorp called the meeting to order at 1900 hours. Members present: Thorp, Trost, Bujalski, Whiteford, Bruno, Tyler, Shewan, Bonnell and Seggi.

Minutes of the February 8, 2008 Board and Bridge Meeting were approved. (Whiteford/Tyler).

Treasurer Bujalski presented the February 2008 Treasurer’s report which was approved (Whiteford, Trost). It was noted that 2 regular members transferred to Social, 1 regular member resigned and 3 regular, 1 social and 1 junior member did not pay their current dues.

Commodore Thorp reported on the following:
1. Ed Skovron is at home recovering from a heart attack.
2. Secretary Onderko lost his Father-in-law and was unable to attend the Change of Watch.
3. We wish to thank Pete Barron and his wife for an excellent Change of Watch and apologize I could not be there due to the flu.
4. Motsch has been called to do an inspection on the backflow preventor next to the electric shed.
5. We are going to ask all members to remove their jack stands from the Club grounds this year to facilitate our expansion project and the added members.
6. P/C Bill Whiteford has been in contact with the dock supplier regarding missing cleats.
7. P/C Dick Babo has been in contact with the dock supplier regarding replacing several twisted dock sections.
8. Treasurer Bujalski continues to follow to get the club a new computer and internet service thru Verizon.
9. Ladders for the outer wall have been purchased – the Commodore is looking for a volunteer to get ladders painted and installed (welded).
10. Turkey fry will actually be Sunday, August 31, 2008. vs. the previously reported date.
11. Commodore Thorp is following with the fence contractor for the east side to insure work is done before May 16.
12. P/C Judy Monschein has requested any excess Board and Bridge “patches” be returned. It was noted there is a collection on the top shelf in the office.
13. There is an ILYA meeting April 4-6. We will not be sending anyone, as there is no volunteer.
14. Anyone knowing of a project that needs to be done should contact Dick Shewan or T. Thorp so we can add it to the work party List.
15. We are working to expedite the Sanitary Lift Station repairs.
16. Commodore Thorp is working on rock placement options with Zimmer, Lake Shore Marine, and Tim’s Maintenance. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
17. The membership is reminded the Club House is not being rented out at this time.
18. There will be no liquid refreshment at the March General Membership meeting as this is a business meeting and refreshments are not in the budget. Members may bring their own.
19. P/C Dick Babo is following for crane repair.
20. Rear Commodore Dana Anderson’s e-mail address should be added to newsletter for bidding on slips.
21. Treasurer Bujalski to send Rear Commodore Anderson list of docks available for bid due to members leaving, and changing status.

On a motion by Whiteford/Bonnell, it was agreed to spend $5806 for weed treatment in the entire basin this year. It was noted that this is the same as last years’ cost and fits the budget.

Commodore Thorp noted he has signed the Club up to participate in the Sea Grant Shrink Wrap recycling program. They will accept clear, white and blue shrink-wrap only, with banding – no dirt or other foreign materials. The material will be used to make guard rail material and will save us dumpster cost. Presently- we will request the members roll their shrink wrap up and place it next to the dumpster. Posters will be put up next week. We will transport it to the Liberty Street pier where it will be picked up. We are participating with DEP, the PA Fish and Boat Commission, Presque Isle and Erie Yacht Clubs, Perry’s Landing, both Bay Harbors, Lake Shore Towing, Anchor and Gem City Marinas, the Port Authority, and Presque Isle Marina.

Commodore Thorp reported that the rules Committee has been requested to update the rules and Constitution ASAP so we could issue before the boats go in. They have also been asked to study the Club House Rental based on Dave Runser’s motion and the response from the insurance company, and also to look at “Significant Others” based on a written request from Chris Meade.

Dick Shewan reported he is following to get the gate cards that shipped and the readers and will have this work done before summer.  It was suggested that we change out our green gate cards to a different color for security due to members that have left and not turned in their old cards.

Discussion took place on possible action to prevent ice from pulling down end finger piers, including adding a 2 x 12 to frame work, adding dam to entry, installing inner wall.

Discussion took place on east wall work including adding a rail to straighten the appearance of the wall, extent of concrete, and possibly adding a shelter vs. enlarging the east shelter. Shelter issue to be discussed at membership meeting next week.  Commodore Thorp and Dick Shewan follow on other as work parties.

Shawn Stone’s bank has contacted us to inform us they have reposed his boat. They were told they would not have access to the boat until mid May. They agreed to pay any outstanding fees. Treasurer Bujalski and Rear Commodore Anderson follow.

Treasurer Bujalski stated he is following to meet with the key people on the expansion project to update our financial projections. He reported on current interest rates regarding the loan. We will continue to follow.

Treasurer Bujalski will be working on membership cards with dates and Club Logo.

Butch Tyler reported the newspaper ad generated some response but there are no new candidates for membership at this time.

Motion by Whiteford/Shewan to give McCarthy’s a $500 advance for the Tap-a Keg being held March 29. There will be a $5 charge per person for food and beverages.

Gas dock committee to meet this month to come up with solutions to problems with payments. They may need to institute –Pay-same-day procedures, posting of delinquent payers, having to man the gas dock, etc.

A letter was received from the PA Fish and Boat Commission regarding grant money for a new pump out. This was postmarked March 6 and requested a formal proposal by March 31. Commodore Thorp stated he could not do this at this time due to time constraints. Treasurer Bujalski will try to get an extension. P/C Whiteford volunteered his services. This appears to be an on-going program if we miss it this year. It was noted that this was not budgeted.

Motion to adjourn at 2100 hours by Bonnell/Tyler

Board and Bridge Meeting July 11, 2006

>Commodore Steve Rohleder called the meeting to order at 1935.

>Secretary Onderko read the minutes of the June 16, 2006. The minutes were approved as amended (Whiteford, Thorp)

>Treasurer Buljalski presented the financial report for month ending June 2006. The report was accepted with an amendment for the conversion of the Ruf’s membership in the count. (Whiteford, Bonnell)

> Treasurer Buljalski noted that the Steak Fry realized about $654 profit and the Poker Run realized about $33 net cost.

>V/C Whiteford reported that he had repaired some loose tile in the pool restroom at a cost under about $20. He requested and it was approved to spend $1.50 for 160 fence brackets for the pool fence.

>Dick Shewan reported that he plans to issue the new green gate cards at the Family Picnic. The change over at the gate will take place the Saturday after the picnic. He will request that the members return their present red cards to him in the envelope provided or be charged $5 per card. Secretary Onderko will assist in preparing a set of instructions for the members.

>Secretary Onderko reported that he had purchased a new all-in-one printer,copier,fax machine for the CPYC office at a cost of $199 plus tax and plus cable and ink toner cartridge. (It was previously approved to spend up to $400 for a new printer.)

> Commodore Steve Rohleder reported that the following underwater obstructions had been removed: 4-mooring blocks, 1-similar sized obstacle, and 1-bowling ball size obstacle. Thanks to the divers for their help.

> Commodore Steve Rohleder requested that Secretary Onderko together with P/C Zalewski send a letter to Rumble confirming the latest agreement for the installation of the posts for the first phase floating docks.

> Commodore Steve Rohleder reported that the east pump in the lift station is running fine after some minor repair (a capacitor and sensors replaced). But the west pump is shut down since it was vibrating badly. The plumber is looking for the needed parts for this pump.

>It was approved to advance Angi Onderko $600 for the CPYC BBQ.

>It was approved to advance P/C Sanfilippo $1,500 for the CPYC family picnic.

General Membership Meeting of June 16, 2006

The Board and Bridge met at 7:15PM with Commodore Rohleder, Thorp, Bonnell, Whiteford, Shewan, Ward, Onderko, and Tyler in attendance. The minutes of the June 13, Board and Bridge meeting were reviewed and approved (Tyler, Bruno).

It was agreed to support Commodore Steve Rohleder by accepting his personal loan to CPYC in order to forward a down payment to dock supplier, Merko for the docks that the club needs ordered for the fall

It was agreed to name the next dock to be installed at CPYC, “N” dock for the Nowakowski brothers. (Ward, Thorp)

>Commodore Steve Rohleder called the General Membership meeting to order at 1930 hours.

>Secretary Onderko read the minutes of the June 13 Board and Bridge meeting and the minutes of the May 16, 2006. They were accepted. (Heubel, Runser)

>P/C Tony Sanfilippo reported that someone (probably a youngster) has been unscrewing the jets in the hot tub. He asks all parents to be observing their children when in the pool area.

>P/C Runser said that one hull on the pontoon boat needs repaired and that a work party to do so will be needed on Saturday.

>P/C Zalewski reported that an agreement had been reached with Rumball to pound all the major posts on the new “Z” dock for $22,100. The club will only have to pound the posts for the four point tie.

>P/C Babo reported that Tony Franczkowski has finished the drawings and the paper work will be submitted to the city this coming week

>Butch Tyler, on behalf of the membership committee, made a motion to accept Douglas and Linda Dumbar as new members. They were accepted (Tyler, Runser)

>Quarter Master Maureen Bovee announced that the club’s store was open for business with new apparel on display.

>Eric Burger reported that work parties are officially finished for the summer except for special projects. P/C Runser reported that on the work tablet, there is a list of equipment requiring maintenance such as grease and oil. He cautioned that this work must be performed by a knowledgeable person.

>Dave Galleur said that he observed people taking ice without paying. He reminded everyone that ice is inexpensive but not free. Payment is on the honor system and is required to help pay for the maintenance and upkeep of the ice machine.

>P/C Judie Monschein announced that she is taking reservations for the Steak Fry. She also needs help setting up and tearing down from the party. Breakfast is free for those who can help

>P/C Tony Sanfilippo said that help is needed for the family picnic so please volunteer. Also, Chinese auction items are needed and should be forwarded to Chris Rohleder as soon as possible.

>P/C Thorp announced the poker run will be held rain or shine so please be prepared to start around 5:30pm and return by 8:30pm.

>Dave Heubel asked what was happening with Jet Ski storage. Commodore Steve Rohleder said that he wanted to have them moved, but Rear Commodore Terry Thorp said that he needed to have the concrete pad work finished first and that should be completed next week.

>Commodore Steve Rohleder thanked Jim and Jerry Nowakowski for completing the sidewalk work along A-dock and for preparing the pad for the Jet Ski hoist. He also thanked Nancy Franczkowski and crew along with P/C Dave Runser for their work in making the Memorial Day Celebration a success.

Commodore Steve Rohleder announced that the Board and Bridge had decided to call the second new floating dock to be installed the “N” dock for the Nowakowski’s.

Commodore Steve Rohleder said now that everyone is in the water and there are a lot of people always around, that we must observe the no refueling at the dock rule…Jet Ski’s included. Also, he asked that everyone refrain from using foul language and help keep the environment a healthy one…especially around the pool area.

>The motion to permit multiple dock boxes not to exceed 12 feet in length and in white color was voted upon and approved with a few nay votes (a show of hands was also taken to confirm the vote)

> P/C Tom and Bev Ruf were voted upon and accepted as honorary members.

>P/C Clair Monschein reported that Bob Weber, a past club member and member of the old “Rondale-5” has passed away.

>Willie Muck asked that all members look at the brochures for the Frolic on the Bay and participate if possible.

>Butch Tyler announced that he and P/C Babo will be diving Saturday morning along the old A-dock wall to check for and to locate obstacles. Please be careful and stay clear of the area.

>Don Nowak asked if a sign of some kind could be placed on the inside of the main gate.

>A motion was accepted from Jim Hardesty (second by Dave Heubel) to accept only new members with boats who will be docking at CPYC. This motion will be forwarded to the Rules Committee for recommended action before a membership vote is taken.

>The Rules Committee is made up of the following members: Commodore Steve Rohleder , Chris Rohleder, Jim Dyleski, Terry Thorp, Jim Hardesty, Dave Heubel and Dick Babo.

>P/C Charles Farrington passed along a news letter and information on Eminent Domain from the National Boating Federation. He asked that this news letter mailing address be changed to the club’s.

>The meeting was adjourned at 2030 (Tyler, Whiteford)

>Winner of the $45 in the 50/50 was Gary Kupniewski.

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary.

Board and Bridge Meeting May 09, 2006

>Commodore Steve Rohleder called the meeting to order at 1935.

>Secretary John Onderko read the minutes of the April 18 General Membership meeting. It was accepted (Thorp,Ward)

>Commodore Steve Rohleder reported that 1) the new solar powered channel lights are in place; 2) Rocks around the old A-wall could not be located yet; and 3) a copy of the CPYC by-laws and rules have been made available in the clubhouse.

>Treasurer Henry Bujalski presented the financial report for the month ending April 2006. It listed 138 regular members and had a total fund balance of $70,271.88. He stated that he continues to work with several banks on the financing of the club’s dock renovation plan. He also reported that the Welcome the new season party reported a net expense of about $300. The report was accepted(Ward, Whiteford)

>Vice Commodore Bill Whiteford reported that with Tony Sanfilippo progress is being made in getting the pool ready for the season.

>It was approved to spend up to $200 for a ramp to the new jet ski docks. (Whiteford,Thorp)

>Rear Commodore Terry Thorp reported that there remain 7 boating members that have not submitted their insurance certificates. He is currently working to accommodate the member concerned with the safety of his boat due to the water movement across the large open outer basin. A member is now using a second dock while that dock remains up for bid. He reported that the official boat inspection day will be June 3.

>It was approved to spend up to $100 for an easel upon which to mount the pictures of new members (Anderson,Onderko)

>With the reported stealing of two boats from along the bay, the use of security cameras ( as proposed earlier by P/C Babo) was discussed. But, it was generally felt that the money would not be well spent for the limited usefulness of a camera system.

>Commodore Steve Rohleder reported that he has applied for Coast Guard registration for the new basin entry navigation lights and for the no-wake buoys for the front of the entry. He is also seeking to update NOAA for the presence of the new wall.

>It was agreed to refund dockage fees to Don Reed whose health is very poor.

>It was agreed to request all boating members submit the name(s) of their boat(s) to the secretary for recording and publishing in the Club roster.

>The meeting was adjourned at 2045. (Bonnell,Bruno)

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary

 

General Membership Meeting of April 18, 2006

The Board and Bridge met prior to the general membership meeting. In attendance were Commodore Rohleder, Ward, Tyler, Shewan,Thorp,Onderko<Anderson, Bonnell, and Whiteford.

The minutes of the Board and Bridge 04/11 Meeting were approved (Bonnell, Whiteford).

>Commodore Steve Rohleder called the General Membership meeting to order at 1935.

>Secretary Onderko read the minutes of the General Membership meeting of March 21 and of the Board and Bridge meeting of April 11. They were accepted. (J.Monschein, J. Sinnott)

>Commodore Steve Rohleder reported that the gas dock is now fully functional thanks to Jerry Sinnott. Also, Tony Sanfillipo has purchase gasoline that will be sold to members at $2.90 per gallon.

>Rear Commodore Terry Thorp reported that the sheet posted on the bulletin board lists the members who have received a letter from him requesting an insurance certificate. The member’s boats can not be lifted into the water with out a certificate.

>Quarter master Maureen Bovee asked the membership for suggestions on apparel that the club store should offer.

>Butch Tyler reported that the membership committee has been interviewing new members.

>P/C Zawleski reported that the “A” wall has been capped off but that there are a few big rocks that will need to be dredged up.

>R/C Thorp reported that the DEP has received the CPYC request for permits. It will be about 30 to 60 days before a decision is rendered.

>Members expressed concern over the rubble wall that is to be built south of the new basin entrance. Some felt that it was un-necessary to break the wave action and that it will just pose a difficulty for navigation. Even though it is in the current plan and is permitted, wave action in the larger new basin will be monitored to help determine if the wall is really needed.

>Treasurer Henry Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending March 2006. He recapped that the Judie Monschein administration had left a positive balance of $6045 for the current administration and that the club had repaid the $20K in member loans. The new dues and dock fees for the floating dock project will be billed in May and due in July. The report was accepted. (C. Monschein, S. Malone)

>Member Gene Brinig asked about the status of the tabled motion to “rescind the increase in dues and dock rates”. Members wanted to bring it off the table for a vote and final resolution. But, after much discussion, the issue was brought off the table and was declared moot since the approval vote on the floating dock plan approved not only the implementation plan but also the financing of the plan which included the forecast dues and dock increase. The dues will increase this year to $300 per regular and social membership and the dock rate will increase to $0.19 per foot.

New Business:

>The Memorial Day committee needs volunteers to help in set-up and in serving. Please contact Nancy Franczkowski.

>Jim Hardesty asked the status of channel lights for the new entrance. Commodore Steve Rohleder reported that new solar powered lights have been ordered and should be available for installation shortly.

>Jim Dyleski asked that a copy of the CPYC by-laws and rules be placed in the clubhouse book shelf for reference. Commodore Steve Rohleder said that it will be done.

Jim asked how the new floating docks will be allocated. Rear Commodore Terry Thorp replied that the allocation of new floating docks will be done as all docks allocations are done … by the point system. Jim asked if sailing lessons and sail dinghy races could be conducted in the new basin. He was directed to work outside this meeting with Rear Commodore Terry Thorp and with the Sail Master, Doug Murphy.

>Gary Kupniewski asked what happened to the people outside the club who put up money to help finance the club’s new docks in return for future considerations. The response was that these people should have been notified and their funds returned several years ago. If they continue to have concerns, they should produce receipts and come forward to have their concerns resolved.

>Commodore Steve Rohleder reported that he and Chris had attended the recent ILYA conference and is proud to report that member and Past Commodore Bill Heider and wife Jan were honored by the ILYA as couple of the year.

>The meeting was adjourned (T.Thorp & J Monschein). The winner of the $34 in the 50/50 was Mike Merritt.

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary.

———————————–

Board and Bridge Meeting November 08, 2005

>Vice Commodore Steve Rohleder called the meeting to order at 1930 hours.

>Bill Diplacido, owner and president of NCI Technologies, presented a wireless network connection system ( WIFI ) that his company proposes installing for CPYC. The club would pay for the broadband internet connection (about $45 per month), NCI would install and maintain the wireless network, and the Commodore Perry’s members who so desire, could enjoy the internet and network services paying a time sensitive fee. (by hour, day, week, or by month). The system could also be a revenue maker for the club since the agreement with NCI not only includes a fully maintained system, but also includes a revenue sharing agreement. The Board will consider this proposal.

>Secretary John Onderko read the minutes of the General Membership meeting of 10/18/2005. It was approved (modifying E-dock wall to read A-dock wall for the Gene Brinig repair). (Whiteford, Tyler)

>Treasurer Hank Bujalski reported that the cash balance in down to the about $3,000 and the club will now execute the temporary loan arrangement with 3 members. He reported that the Long Range planning committee had met a week ago and is almost finished with their plan. With some additional fine tuning they should shortly be ready to review it with the Board before taking it to the membership.

>P/C Runser reported that the main entrance gate has been repaired using parts from the black gate. The entrance gate was also inspected by the gate company. He reported that if the Black gate is to be used, a new straight piece will need installed for a top guide.

>Dick Shewan reported that 16 bubblers are positioned and ready to place in the water.

>It was approved to forward $700 to Nancy Franczkowski for the Christmas Party (Runser, Shewan)

>It was approved to forward $700 to Robin Cone for the New Year’s Party (Whiteford, Runser)

>Rear Commodore Bill Whiteford said that he will finish winterizing and covering the pool equipment and furnishings this week.

>The updated CPYC rules and by-laws were accepted with some typos and small changes being required. Tyler to communicate changes to P.C Babo.

>John Britton said that we could remove the rubble in the Bay Harbor west wall only down to the top of the steel. We will obtain confirmation in writing after a permit is received.

>The CPYC new north wall is virtually complete. Settling and additional fill will still be required before full completion of the wall.

>As usual , there will be no work parties in December and only the first two weekends in November.

>An operating budget for next year will be presented at the December Board meeting.

>The Board agreed that boats wintered at CPYC must comply with the $300,000 general liability insurance requirement.

>The meeting was adjourned at 2100. (Bruno, Whiteford)

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary.

—–

General Membership Meeting October 18, 2005

>Commodore Judie Monschein called the meeting to order at 1930 hours.

>Secretary John Onderko read the minutes of the General Membership meeting of 09/20/2005, and the Board and Bridge meeting of 10/11/2005. They were accepted.

>Treasurer Hank Bujalski presented the financial report for month ending September 2005. After highlighting some of the major expenditures and confirming the forecast of a cash short fall by the end of the month, the report was accepted. (C. Monschein, R. Craig)

>P/C Zalewski reported on the wall project and said that if the weather permits, the final 40 feet of the outer wall will be completed this weekend.

>Quarter Master Maureen Bovee reported that the CPC store is open. Please see her for those holiday purchases.

>All members were reminded of the approaching Halloween party on Oct 29 th and the CPYC Children’s Christmas party on Dec 4 th.

>Commodore Judie Monschein thanked Gene Brinig for his work on the E-dock wall. She also thanked returning regular member, Jim Dyleski for his work on the new outer wall.

>Erik Berger reported on the status of equipment maintenance.

The meeting was adjourned at 1953.

Winner of the $23 in the 50/50 was P/C Dick Babo.

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary.

 

—-

Board and Bridge meeting October 11, 2005

>Commodore Judie Monschein called the meeting to order at 1930 hours.

>Tim McCormick from New Sentry Security Systems presented his card entry system that can also be used as a membership card. For about $1800 he would install four readers and provide 350 cards. The Club would have to spend about $400 annually to reissue the cards. The board members felt that beside the cost, the biggest draw back is if the card is stolen or lost. Now our club and its members are exposed to someone who has the gate key card and since it is a membership card, they also know where to go. Dick Schewan will price up the addition of one new card reader plus new cards for our current system.

>P/C Dick Babo presented a revised edition of the CPYC rules which he had updated. After the next meeting, and with Board approval, the revised edition will be made available to the membership.

>Secretary John Onderko read the minutes of the General Membership meeting of 09/20/05. They were approved (Maloney, Tyler)

>Treasurer Hank Bujalski presented the report for month ending September. Wall expenses and large expenses were reviewed and discussed. The report was approved. (Whiteford, Ward)

>Vice Commodore Steve Rohleder reported that the storage area for sail boat masts had been changed by someone. Commodore Judie Monschein said that she had changed the storage area to between the pool fence and driveway to allow more room for boat storage. After some discussion, it was decided to revert back to the mast storage area that Vice Commodore Steve Rohleder had laid out to keep the masts out or harms way when the snow flys.

>A request from Jim Dyleski to revert back to regular membership had bee accepted. He is presently paying day to day dockage and will be allowed to winter store his boat for the standard member fee.

>Rear Commodore Bill Whiteford said that he is presently taking dock bids but can not retrieve the internet bids. Members are advised to mail their dock bids using the post office. The John Grimm dock situation was discussed and it was agreed that he should be bidding on a new dock this coming season to resolve the problem with his present dock which is too small for his boat.

>Secretary John Onderko read a letter from social member Gary Monschein indicating a desire to move to regular membership but conditionally based on new floating docks arriving soon. Since the clubs plans are still be formulated, he will be advised that his membership choice should be made with current dock status in mind and knowing that additional initiation fees will be due.

>Board member Butch Tyler asked if club members could purchase and install their own floating docks. The Board unanimously agreed that no they could not.

>Commodore Judie Monschein reported that Gene Brinig was repairing the E-dock wall blowout. She reported that water to the docks will be shut off on Nov 12. On equipment maintenance, she reported that Don Olsen replaced the drive belt on the white lift and will check out its wheel this coming week. Jim Hardesty replaced the fuel filter on the backhoe. During the winter, the back hoe will undergo a thorough check up and repair as needed. She also reported that the November 12 Charter Party has been canceled for this year due to conflicting schedules. And the new CPYC logo carpet was cleaned.

>It was approved to spend $600 to re-caulk and flash around some leaking windows on the club house.

>The meeting was adjourned at 2100 hours. (Maloney, Tyler)

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary.

——————————————————–
General Membership Meeting September 20, 2005

[The Board and Bridge met and approved (Rohleder, Shewan) the minutes of the 09/13/2005 meeting. In attendance were Commodore Judie Monschein, Vice Commodore Steve Rohleder , Dock master Jerry Sinnott, and members Onderko,Maloney,Tyler, Shewan, Bruno, Bujalski, P/C Runser.

>Commodore Judie Monschein called the meeting to order at 1930 hours.

>Secretary John Onderko read the minutes of the Board and Bridge 09/13 Meeting and the General Membership 08/19 meeting. They were accepted.

>Sharon Maloney read the financial report for August 2005. It was accepted.(J.Sinnott, Nowak)

>V/C Rohleder announced that the End of the Season Party is next Saturday so please get your reservations in. On the wall activity, he reported that this weekend the crew will be repairing damage to the wall done by the wet fill. On October 01 the plan is to resume steel placement to finish the wall. Commodore Judie Monschein reported the dredging of the “A” dock wall will resume on Friday.

>Lift Master Mark Golden ask everyone to get your lift reservations submitted as soon as possible. He also asked those who lift boats in his absence to please check with him for storage placement of the boat.

>Don Nowak reported that workers are needed for the Saturday work parties. If you don’t need points, just come down to the club to work because the lunches are good.

>Butch Tyler announced proposed member Kaz Krujewski. He was accepted. (Nowak, Novak)

>Dana Anderson asked the members for feedback on how they felt about the posting of the new member’s pictures. She also asked if there could be a different place provided for posting them.

>P/C Sanfillipo reported that the tank contains about 800 gallons of gasoline. In spite of the fuel being able to stand through the winter, he recommends selling it off. It was approved to sell off what we have and to wait for the spring and possible lower fuel costs to refill (Bonnell, C.Monschein)

>Commodore Judie Monschein announced that the pool will be closed for the season after next week. The hot tub will stay open through mid October. And all jet skis need to be removed from the club property by Sept 24…no exceptions.

>P/C Fenn stated that when he came to use the boat lift he could not find the key. He stated that the lift and the key should be available for use in the event of an emergency. Commodore Judie Monschein responded that the key will be put back. But she also asked anyone lifting boats to check with the lift master for winter placement for their boat.

>Commodore Judie Monschein asked for help from club members to assist in the cooking of lunches for the work parties. She also asked for someone to grease all the equipment….for which John Grimm and Eric Burger volunteered. She asked for someone to sweep the area with a magnet to remove pieces of steel etc that might be on the driveway….Eric Burger volunteered.

>Commodore Judie Monschein called for other nominations for the position of Rear Commodore. There being none other than the official nomination submitted by P/C Bill Whiteford, he was sworn in to immediately take the office of Rear Commodore. Jerry Sinnott will continue to perform dock master duties until he goes to Florida for the winter.

>Secretary John Onderko read a letter of thanks from Max Weber.

>The proposed change to the “No Jumping allowed” pool rule to state ”No running jumps or cannonballs are permitted” was voted on and approved by all.

>Melody Rindfuss announced that the Halloween Party will be held on Oct. 29. Mark your calendar.

>The meeting was adjourned at 2008. (P/C Thorp, R. Caldwell)

>The winner of the $29 was Eric Bruger.

Respectfully submitted by John Onderko, Secretary.